Nuffnang Ad

Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Day 3 in Hong Kong: Tsui Wah restaurant, Ocean Park, Ichiran Ramen

Opps I completely lost touch with my HK itinerary here, apologies for the hiatus as I lost the motivation to keep my blog alive.

As I grew older, I began to appreciate my mundane life as I know there will be new obstacles for me to overcome i.e. mother's responsibility, work matters, family commitments and career progression... Ok I need to stop blabbering or else this post will never end :P

Initial plan for day 3: Enjoy HK's breakfast style @ Honolulu cafe (now opened at Centrepoint, Singapore) before heading down to the highlight of my HK trip - OCEAN PARK!
Unfortunately, both of us overslept and the bed "influenced" us to snooze our alarm lololol. For those who are interested, you can get to Honolulu cafe from Wan Chai MTR, exit A4.

As I wouldn't want to have lesser time spent at Ocean Park, we decided to have a simple breakfast at Tsui Wah Restaurant, smacked right beside Inn Hotel Hongkong. They have tons of Tsui Wah outlets and I'm pretty glad that the food made it up for the unpleasant service.


We had a difficult time trying to figure out their breakfast set as we had no idea how their set meals work... On a side note, they are considerate enough to translate the name of their items to English.

JY ordered the breakfast set (shown above) at an affordable price. Sorry I forgot the price but it is definitely worth the price. It comes with a main dish - instant noodle beef, side dish - butter bread and scrambled eggs accompanied with a drink of your choice.


We tried the butter bread and it was tasty so the greedy me ordered another butter bread as our side dish!

Their bread is similar to our Singaporean's version of garlic bread but WITHOUT the garlic smell lololol. I call this butter bread, not sure if there's a legit name to it...


This is my kind of breakfast minus the fish fillet haha. As much as I love grilled/fried stuff, I would always prefer my breakfast to be as bland as possible. The photo above may be lacking in quantity but trust me, the (butter) bread is already filling enough... I couldn't finish my fish fillet. Extremely thankful for JY to clear all my unfinished food a.k.a. my "rubbish collector" HAHA

Alighted at Admiralty MTR and followed the sign to Ocean Park. Fret not, you can definitely spot the signage and you WILL NOT get lost in HK. As mentioned in the earlier post, I truly feel that navigation around Hong Kong is not an issue even for people with a bad sense of directions. 

You'll need to take a Citybus Route 629 and the ride took less than 30 minutes depending on the traffic. For your information, the bus stops only at Ocean Park, you don't have to keep a lookout for any station to alight correctly.


We bought our theme park tickets from Klook app for $65/pax (admission ticket + complimentary lunch) before we check out with our credit rebate :) This is really an awesome app to travel around asia. For those who are interested to sign up for free with Klook, please click on my referral code to get S$4.40 off your first purchase: https://www.klook.com/invite/9EO59 .

Alternatively, you can also purchase the tickets from the pop-up stall stationed right beside the bus queue at a steeper price as compared to Klook.

Excited smile whilst walking to Ocean Park entrance :)

Mandatory shot!

"Take me to every theme park everytime we travel!" - Md, 2016 

Waited together with the bunch of tourists who made sure to reach the entrance before they opens at 10am. I'm grateful for the friendly staff of Ocean Park - they stayed at the iconic view to assist tourists like us to take photos. No, they don't engage professional photographers to take some glamorous shots and sell it to you at a price. The staff uses your camera/phone to snap that lovely moment ^^


We got no balls, hence we took the train instead of the cable car HAHA




Took these shots while riding their Sky tower - similar to our Sentosa's Tiger Sky Tower.

Took our first roller coaster ride (with two 360 degrees turn) and I almost died. JY enjoyed the ride thoroughly and requested for another round. Haha it was pretty fun to get lost in the park, a pity that we didn't conquer ALL the roller coaster rides there as I have no balls... 


Lovely penguins there and we were busy taking photos~

Then it was time for our complimentary meal. Yes, we are entitled to a complimentary lunch with our tickets bought from Klook.



"Finish taking selfie already? I want to eat liao" - JY

 Grilled salmon with white sauce

Chicken katsu with Tomato sauce

My picky nature didn't stop me from judging the complimentary meal. However, the katsu really proved me wrong - it was delicious! I finish every bit of it except for the veggie and white rice.

It was time for us to leave the theme park. Took the same Citybus Route 629 (same bus stop) back and figured our way out to Ichiran Ramen located at Causeway Bay area. Took MTR from Admiralty to Causeway Bay station, exit C.

Address: Shop F – G, G/F, Lockhart House Block A, 440-446 Jaffe Road, Hong Kong (Causeway Bay Exit C) 
Opening hours: 24 hours

Seating arrangement

 Got ushered to my seat

Here's the Menu~ Basically you are allowed to customize your order according to your liking

A guide for first-timers :)

 How delicious can it be when they are serving tap water? LOL


Loving their spoon HAHA

However, the ramen didn't live up to my expectation. I would prefer tampopo lah, probably I won't make a trip to Ichiran in HK again...

Day 1 in HK click here
Day 2 in HK click here

No comments:

Post a Comment