Nuffnang Ad

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Day 2 in Hong Kong: London Restaurant, Ngong Ping 360, Sun Kee Cheese Noodles, Star Ferry Pier, Oddies Foodies


What a wonderful view to wake up in HK! :)

Proceeded to our very first dim sum breakfast at London Restaurant - located along Nathan Road at 8am!!! We had to wake up at around 7am due to our hectic schedule.

My all-time favourite CHEE CHEONG FUN (Rice Noodle Roll) 
*inserts hearts emoji*


I didn't get to take every dish as I can't wait to kick-start my long-awaited dimsum meal...

THIS IS THE BOMB.

I call this the coconut chawanmushi LOL

This dish is similar to the chinese steamed egg, with coconut flavour though! They serve complimentary chinese tea, but 1 thing to take note of is that the staff rarely converse in chinese... I had to make use of my cantonese lite app haha.

The style of the restaurant is exactly the same as our Singapore's red star restaurant, but way cheaper and authentic. You'll be given an order chit to move around the restaurant, hunting for each of their individual carts filled with different dim sum.

You'll definitely hear the staff shouting the names of the dishes as they move around the restaurant. I love the anticipation when they push their cart near our table hahaha.



Ate until our stomach explode before taking the MTR to Tung Chung station (also known as the Cable Car station).

Spot JY in this picture~


We bought our Ngong Ping 360 tickets via Klook (as explained in the previous post) at only SGD35 per pax for round trip crystal cabin. JY used my referral code and managed to get the $4.40 promo off our total amount ^^

Queueing patiently for our turn

FEELING EXCITED!

Be wary of this annoying photographer.

Even if you don't wish for your photo to be taken, he will FORCE you to smile at his camera. We had to entertain him so I gave a freaking fake smile... 

Our horrified facial expression... we couldn't maintain at all :(


Fortunately, we were really lucky to meet those friendly tourists from China, if you get what I mean... They look like the unreasonable and loud Chinese whom you can find at Korea international airport's tax refund counter but they are the reason why I enjoyed my first crystal cabin ride in HK.


Apart from their friendliness, they even offered to take tons of photos for us as a couple and we had so much fun during that 20-30 minutes ride.

 Totally reminds me of Running Man in HK

Frankly speaking, we took a lot of effort to be able to stand up from our seat and move towards the middle of the cabin... x.x

Finally we're here at the Ngong Ping village!!!

Loving this shot :)

On our way to the Big Buddha

"Let me show you the way!"


I ALMOST DIED FROM CLIMBING THE STAIRS. As mentioned by JY, they really want to test our sincerity that's why the only way to get to the big Buddha is to walk up the endless flights of stairs... Not to even mention that the weather was a bitch on the 2nd day. If the weather is merciful enough for a cooler wind, I DONT MIND CLIMBING lor since I'm somebody who prefers stairs to lift.

Turned back to see how far we have arrived...

FINALLY WE ARE HERE!

Thank you for tolerating when I made tons of noises :(

After the intensive "exercise", we headed to Sun Kee Cheese Noodles at Champagne Court. Nearest MTR would be Tsim Sha Tsui Exit B2. 

Frankly speaking, navigating around HK is easy to understand because their street name is not only in chinese but english. I could still remember the amount of effort I put in when I was in Korea... their street name installed in Google map is in korean ONLY. Hence, it is very convenient to google your way to your desired location in HK.


This is supposed to be Champagne court but the stall is located at basement. If you see the above image "Kimberley Inn", you're on the right track! :)

 Keep walking straight all the way & turn right

YAY!!! My long-awaited cheese noodle 


We reached there at about.... 4-5pm so there weren't any issues of getting a seat. 

Here is a glimpse of their Menu

JY chose this but added the egg, so they charged us 53HKD

55 HKD

For those who are interested to know the name of the dishes

Overall I would say that their noodles are mediocre BUT i love their duck meat and most importantly their melted cheese. You can't skip this stall if you are a cheese lover like me, otherwise you may like to try other stalls apart from Sun Kee as you wouldn't want to eat instant noodles in HK.

Since we're at Tsim Sha Tsui, there is no way we could miss the Star Ferry Pier! It is quite a challenge to find the Pier even though we followed the MTR exit sign diligently. However, all I could remember was walking thru an underpass before reaching the Pier.


Again, we used our Octopus card to pay and it was less than SGD1.50/pax.

On our way to Kowloon Island!

Oh man, Kowloon island is freaking huge and our Orchard road can't even be compared to this... As usual, my legs are dying and JY had to listen to my complaints reluctantly. Hello, the distance from Pier 6 to Hong Kong MTR is so far and the underpass is so crowded!

And I've heard about Oddies Foodies from my friend and I HAD to try their famous egglet. Nearest MTR would be Wan Chai Exit A3. 

 Once you spot this sign "Burrows Street", you are <5m away from Oddies

 This was our view whilst standing outside the stall


1. BE PREPARED to takeaway as they do not provide seats inside
2. DO NOT be surprised if you feel cheated to visit Oddies
3. Just.... buy their signature one and tell yourself that YOLO.

Seriously.

I'm not even kidding.

Oddies Foodies is definitely NOT worth the hype, I'd rather spend my money on endless amount of Tai Cheong egg tarts leh. Ok firstly, their vanilla ice cream topped with chocolate egglet and fudge already cost us ~SGD10? I feel that llaollao is better than this lol.

Secondly, you'll need at least 15 minutes to reach Oddies assuming that you're alighting at Wan Chai MTR station. The chocolate sauce is too sweet to my liking (*clears throat* I am a fan of sweet stuff but this is really too much) and Oddies is undeniably overrated. I would never ever buy this again.

As you can see, our 2nd day was so jam-packed and all I want to do is to sleep. However, JY still has the energy to shop around. I surrender...

Day 1 in HK click here

No comments:

Post a Comment