Nuffnang Ad

Monday, January 26, 2015

3rd Anniversary: Melt the world cafe

Although this post is extremely backdated (about 4 months ago), I still find a need to post it as this is one of the milestones that we achieved together.

Looking slim before feasting

Got ushered to our reserved table

As we got together during F1 period, this explains the huge TV above. We celebrated our 3rd Anniversary on 20 Sept 2014 and coincidentally it falls on the 2nd day of F1. Oh man how I miss those times working at the pit building (but i'm never going to work for F1 again)

Hahaha my skorts camouflages with their Napkin!


Before we reach our table, this dessert station was situated near the entrance and I was in awe of their selection even before trying their hot dishes hahaha! I'm a dessert-comes-first person because I won't get sick from those sweet cravings!

P.S. there is a waffle station right beside the chocolate fondue but I shall talk about their desserts later.

I'm not efficient in words so I shall let my pictures suffice the wonderful experience I had with Mandarin Oriental.
 Bread selection

 Cold dish area such as...

 Salad station

Fresh salmon and sushi

& the most popular station of all...
SEE THIS? THIS IS MY FAVOURITE STATION OF ALL: Seafood!

Nth number of CRABS

 Nth number of crab pincer & oyster? mussels? I can't differentiate these 2

More pincers and mini lobsters

I can't refrain myself from gorging the lobsters, crab pincers and snow crab legs!!! I feel so miserable for those who are allergic to seafood. You. could. have. been. one. of. us. to. indulge. in. this. goodness. heaven.

HAHAHA I just want to share my excitement when my mouth is filled with fresh crab/lobster meat!

This is their local food station like Laksa and something else which I couldn't recall.
(simply shows that I didn't bother about this station HAHA)

 Indian cuisine

 Here comes the hot dish selection

 More


The chilli lobster attracted my attention only. 

Speaking about the hot selection, I only tried the above (chilli lobster) HAHA because the rest doesn't seem appealing though. The spread looked mediocre.

Clam Chowder

The cafe has an outdoor grill as well! P.S. this is only applicable on weekends if i'm not wrong!
 Greedy JY grabbing food for his princess ^^

"High-end" hot dogs (left) HAHA and pork chop

I had more outdoor grills compared to the indoor hot selection. Yes, they have more than the 2 items shown above just that I'm too engrossed with my food. They serve satay, chicken and more!

 Dessert selection!

 Cheese selection with fruits behind

 Macarons but not my favourite dessert

Introducing my all-time sweet tooth cravings...
Waffle with Ice cream!

Oh my gee. Bring me back to Melt the world cafe please! THEIR FRESHLY GRILLED WAFFLE IS THE BEST WAFFLE I'VE EVER EATEN. Not exaggerating here but it's definitely better than Gelare's waffle. 

It's so fluffy yet crispy on the outside, leaving that inner soft moisture. I have no idea of how they manage to get this perfectly grilled waffle but I'll never forget that taste. What's really awesome about their waffle selection is that you have tons of toppings and sauce! Look at the amount of nutella and white chips I've topped onto my waffle. 

The best part? This good stuff is free-flow. SHIOK

I think I had around... 1.5 waffle which equates to 6 quarter of it. It is definitely worth the calories! 


I thought only Carousel goes the extra mile to provide an exquisite dessert item for their guests. I was terribly wrong. At Melt the world cafe, their service staff went around asking for any special occasion for the joyous buffet dinner whilst offering coffee/tea when guests were enjoying the dessert.

Making a wish feat my fossil watch from my Bro (I rarely bring my watch out)

Happy anniversary my prince. 
Sorry for not being the slim and sexy princess whom all guys wish for

Can you please show your dissatisfaction with my body size so that I will have the motivation to watch what I eat? I'm always eating good food with you, you fed me so well! ;)


I spotted the perfect view for F1 racing. HAHA IN THEIR TOILET. No barriers and I could see the cars zooooooom.

Anyway, this dinner cost us $88++/pax on a Saturday night with BBQ selection. They have the card promotion so we got entitled to 10% off. The subtotal was about $96nett/pax. Hmmm I felt that it was a tad bit expensive in terms of food wise but if you love to seek new experience or pay for exemplary service, this cafe is the right choice for you!

Whereas for myself, I'm somebody who'd rather pay for food than service. This implies that I won't visit this hotel cafe again but I'm glad that I had this awesome experience for just 1 night.

Where shall we head to for our 4th anniversary? :)

2 comments:

  1. thanks for showing the dishes of MELT - The World Cafe

    ReplyDelete