Nuffnang Ad

Friday, January 2, 2015

Christmas Staycation: The Quincy Hotel


Honestly, I didn't know this boutique hotel existed before I chanced upon an article circulating on Facebook, regarding some top affordable/best hotels in Singapore. Had an impromptu decision with JY and we have no regrets - a staycation on Christmas Day.

Let me explain briefly on my purchased rate with the Quincy team. I chose the Holiday Savers Plus (HSP) which is technically the cheapest package compared to the rest. (If you are planning to stay on Friday to Sunday, there'll be a rate type titled "Qool Weekend Promotion" & I strongly recommend this package, more details here)

Description of HSP
Rate per night on a PH: SGD273++
Subtotal: SGD321.32 (Hotels have 1.177% prevailing taxes, not just 1.17% FYI)
Check-in Time: after 2pm*
Check-out Time: before 4pm*
Additional benefits: Free arrival transfer, Free 2 hour Changi Airport Lounge access for 1, Free City tour 

*You can choose EITHER early Check-in @ 10am or late Check-out @ 4pm


Getting there
Based on Google map, the system will instruct you to walk up the slope between Paragon and Lucky Plaza. There's another alternative route which I personally feel that this is way better than the system suggested - choose the slope between Goodwood Park Hotel and Far East Plaza. Enter the car park area (you'll definitely walk pass the car gantry) and walk all the way to the other end. Quincy Hotel is situated right across the road. The only problem is that the gate might be closed and you're at the dead end. Fret not, just enter the Yolk Hotel on your right and walk through the hotel. You'll exit from another door and find yourself at the Hotel's taxi stand. Can you visualize counting your footsteps excitedly while crossing the road to your desired destination? :D
-Directions from courtesy of the Quincy Front Desk officer

Cozy Front Desk counter with Quincy's friendly staff! Their service is top-notch although they are just a boutique hotel. I felt that I'm staying in a 4-star hotel leh lol

Lobby Restaurant right next to the Front Desk
(They serve all-day light refreshments by Dean & DeLuca and Modesto's for ALL guests, even if you feel insignificant by booking their smaller room)

 Complimentary Ice-cream for your convenience. Free-flow, no tokens required!

iMac stations for guests without internet access

Lift Lobby 

 Gym decked with technogym treadmills, which have multi-media touchscreens, the Kinesis weight-resistance training system. 

You'll find their shower facilities, sauna and steam room right beside their Gym. All these facilities provided by the boutique hotel. My money is well-spent!
My most favourite wellness centre facilities- SWIMMING POOL @ TOP LEVEL.

I kept on pestering JY to have a dip with me in their glass-enclosed cantilevered pool. This isn't an infinity pool as mentioned on their official website! 

Get it? So far I haven't tried any self-proclaimed infinity pools in Singapore that could beat Marina Bay Sands' well-known infinity pool.

Honestly speaking, the view of the city from there isn't that spectacular as what they claimed. :( Just condominiums and buildings in the vicinity. 

 This is the spot where the Saturday night movie by the pool will be screened, under Qool weekend promotion
Not forgetting the huge towels available and selection of coffee + tea provided by the Hotel!

Studio Room (26 sqm)
Personalized touch from Quincy team - Well done! :)

I'm loving their bathroom amenities! 

This is the smaller room that they offer and it comes with a bathtub! Shiok or what. And their bathroom has an open concept style.

Hmm... now you get it.
P.S. I'm positioned at the water closet
P.P.S. You need to draw the blinds or else your guests WILL be able to see through while you do your business

Hi 



Molton Brown toiletries 

See all those items behind the Molton Brown bottles?
-Comb
-Shaving Kit
-2 sets of Toothbrush kit
-Sanitary Bag
-Cotton buds & Cotton pads

I'm listing the items here as I thought boutique hotels don't provide toothbrush kit & I brought my own kit along... dang what a waste of space :( Oh did I mention there's a digital weighing scale in their bathroom? REALLY DON'T SOUND LIKE A TYPICAL BOUTIQUE HOTEL HOR?

With the closed bathroom door.
Notice how space efficient they are, the uncomplicated wardrobe hiding behind the door

Quick glance of the wardrobe: Laundry bag with 1 socket, Hairdryer, Luggage stand, Umbrella and Iron 

 I was wondering how do I even iron my clothes without the ironing board... and here goes!

I spotted this label beside the TV console and to my excitement, there was an ironing board hidden behind the console! They are really space-efficient man.

Rotting at our best~

(I took this shot at night after drinking, there are more canned drinks initially)
Complimentary In-room mini bar that is replenished daily! If you stay for 2 nights, the housekeeper will top up drinks for ya! This is the best part if you're organizing a party in the room! You can store up frozen food i.e. Ice cream here too~

 There's TV docking system! You can make use of the USB port to charge your phone too.

iPod docking system! Are you an Android user? No worries, there's an audio cable for your music playlist to be blasted with amazing bass system

Hot beverages with snacks

Got addicted to Lays while watching HBO on bed!

Room card + TV Remote + Lumpy

Thick carpet in bold red with the quincy logo!

The window couch that is awesome for afternoon view & perhaps some mandatory shots by the window sill!

This picture totally don't suffice how awesome the light settings were, I know this looks creepy but it gives off the romantic feel lor!

Control the lights and drawing of the curtains while rotting on the bed!
 With the main lights on
Without.
ROMANTIC RIGHT. Even as we are phone-surfing quietly beside each other, I can still feel the coziness!

 Mirrors everywhere


Mum & Dad came over for a short while to dip in the pool with us! Awesome but the pool was freaking cold. Shivering and jumping around all the time haha I won't forget that once in a lifetime experience in Singapore with my 2 favourite guys in the world.

Didn't manage to take photos as the night view was pretty awful. Awful as in there wasn't any natural lighting for good quality photos! :(

 Hehehe posted this message from JY after my comfy bath!

 Went for a stroll at 12am plus haha


Free breakfast for all guests :)






Food variety wise, it wasn't fantastic as the selections were pretty limited. I was expecting more since they engaged Dean & DeLuca and Modesto's refreshments. Before my staycation with Quincy, I noticed that cakes are available (I saw the rainbow cake) and unfortunately, throughout my 2 days I couldn't spot any selection of cakes, not even one.

(credits: here)
D&D at Orchard Central

This is an Atas brand with promising food but it wasn't the case for Quincy Hotel's refreshments. I was very disappointed with the all-day refreshments from D&D and Modesto's.


These 3 pictures were taken during lunch time. The selection is really poor isn't it? Furthermore I tried the blueberry muffin and it tasted mediocre. I feel that those old-school egg muffin are way better than this.

Fortunately, Quincy has their in-house menu specially prepared by their chefs. 


We had BLT and Grilled ham & cheese sandwich served with salad and fries. This would suffice the variety that they had apart from the refreshments. 

Enjoying his breakfast


After our breakfast, complimentary city tour (Funvee Hop on Hop off bus) and lunch to end off our Day 2 itinerary, resting on their king size bed whilst waiting for the check-out time is simply awesome. I hate to race with time in order to beat the check-out late penalty. Thanks to the HSP package, we chose the late check-out option and I had the privilege to take an hour nap before packing my bag at my own pace (Y)

That kind of ends my staycation review with Quincy Hotel. I'm generally satisfied with everything that they provide especially their available facilities for all hotel guests. Exceptional service from the Quincy team is fabulous, no other rooms for improvement. I love the fact that they don't give special benefits to those who book their bigger rooms (although they only have 2 different room types). I felt extremely home and the fairness of having complimentary all-day dining for all guests are really a plus point. This is definitely the right staycation for couples due to their Qool weekend packages. Though I have never opt for this package, I believe screening a movie beside the swimming pool with snacks and beverages are no doubt the kind-of-Saturday-night you can have with your partner. There are also art jamming sessions on Saturday evening but I shan't go into details as I've never tried that.

However, the downside would be the Dean & DeLuca and Modesto's refreshments and the location of the hotel. We had to take a cab home after checking out due to the pouring rain. There is no sheltered road to Orchard area and there was a massive jam around Lucky plaza and Cineleisure Orchard area. It is undeniably the worst case for somebody who doesn't drive like me; transportation wise is really a hassle when the weather isn't showing any mercy.

No comments:

Post a Comment