Nuffnang Ad

Friday, April 11, 2014

Monday lunch buffet date: Carousel


**This post is gonna be filled with tons of mouthwatering pictures!**

Carousel is one of the top recommended buffet (hotel) restaurants in Singapore. Nope I didn't quote this sentence from google, "buffet-ers" will agree to this without hesitation. Try googling "best buffet in Singapore, top recommended buffet singapore, hotel buffet in singapore" & try checking out ladyironchef's post on "Best buffet Singapore"! Carousel is EVERYWHERE. 

FYI, I absolutely love their informative website. You can browse their sample menus, card/on-going promotions and the buffet pricing for respective meals (they even differentiate rates between weekdays & weekends). These useful details determine my decision to patronize their restaurant. I can't find any other restaurant website which is more detailed compared to Carousel's. It is a major turn off for websites that doesn't indicate the difference in price as well as any on-going promotions. I detest those F&B webpage whereby they just boast about their awards instead of indicating those crucial information for potential patrons.

K enough of boasting Carousel's awesomeness. I made my reservation with them online & I find their reservation form pretty unique. Thumbs up for their prompt and personalized service! They have this thoughtful section: enquiring of any special occasion.


As this buffet lunch was kinda... considered as a special occasion for both of us due to JY's graduation from his foundation term (that was the reason why he's available on a weekday). I included our special occasion anyway and classified it under "others" HAHAHAHA

Their cutlery presentation on the table! HAHA reminds me of that rack for storing test tubes in science lab!

The station that greeted us first at the entrance was the seafood selection!  
 Slipper lobsters

Lobster claws

Snow crabs

More snow crabs & other seafood selection

Poached prawns, oysters, scallops

ADMIT THAT THIS IS ABSOLUTE PARADISE FOR SEAFOOD LOVERS

Buffet without Lobster/Crab is worthless and 100% crap. I mean, might as well have some a la carte if you only need poached prawns, mussels, oysters??

Diligently peeling lobster claws for your highness HAHAHA

Omg I regretted blogging this when I'm trying to control my diet. I NEED FOOD LIKE NOW


This fish/salmon (there wasn't any food tag) was placed directly beside the seafood section. LOOKS LIKE GRILLED SALMON/SABA OR WHAT I DONT KNOW LOL.


Their Japanese selection is right opposite seafood's. Snapped this picture for the sake of posting as I'm not a fan of salmon sashimi... but I still ate their Tamago sushi (my favourite since young hehe)


Teppanyaki live station right beside Japanese's! They have grilled prawns but I'm too lazy to wait for it to cool down & peel their oily shells off. Their teppanyaki chicken tastes great!!! SAY NO TO RICE AT A BUFFET MEAL. You won't want to spend your money on rice/noodles that makes you too full for other appetizing food!

View from our seat :D

Carousel even had VIP rooms for guests who prefers privacy... It is quite spacious actually.

Bread selection
(Same concept as rice/noodles)


Hot selection 
(I didn't even touch this section except for taking pictures)

Now onto my 2nd favourite section...

Chocolate, Green tea and Strawberry fondue with sweet treats and Ice cream station (located right beside strawberry fondue)

Cakes & pies

Selection of fruits

Yes, there are 3 sections for dessert!! Say hi to 3 more kg of fats :(

 Light Mango Mousse Cake

 Almond in syrup Badem Pare

 New York Cheesecake 
NICE!!! Not over-cheesy kind

Oreo Chocolate

Took these for fun! I forgot what are these

I choose: Creme Brulee, Banana chocolate and New York Cheesecake (Y) Yummy!

Can't get enough of desserts man. Sweet treats make me happy!

I can be a yogurt-swirl-artist. HAHAHAHA

Hot chocolate from Coffeemaker, topped with Chocolate Fudge (took it from Ice cream selection LOL)

As we were about to leave...
Carousel presented this floral cupcake to JY from his back, congratulating on his graduation! WAAAAAH SO TOUCHED!

 Deeply moved face but not to the extent of tearing~

Cute packaging box somemore!!! 
We couldn't finish their cupcake and requested for takeaway box

& our Buffet date was over.. 

Overall it was an impressive experience with ambrosial selection. Left the place with zero regrets!

Rate for Monday buffet lunch after ++ with card discount: $51.90/pax

6 comments:

  1. Hi, I was wondering how do you get a discount card?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry maybe i wasnt clear enough in the post, what i meant was the credit card discount promo!! Meaning i got a 10% discount with posb credit card. More info can be found on their website

      Delete
  2. Hi, just wondering if the slipper lobster, snow crabs and lobster claws are part of the normal lunch weekdays buffet spread? Or is it only for certain days or special days?

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Based on my trip, That particular Monday i patronized Carousel was considered a normal weekday lunch buffet spread.

      however, you can find out more about their menus at their official webpage!

      Delete
  3. Hello! Sorry to bump this post that was dated a year ago!

    I am wondering, have you tried Carousel's dinner? Do you think topping up additional $20/person for dinner is worth it or is the lunch more than amazing already?

    I actually booked dinner for my boyfriend's birthday but now I can't make it due to unforeseen circumstances! Torn between having lunch on his birthday itself or dinner a day before.

    Hope to hear from you soon, thank you so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello dear,

      Unfortunately, I only tried their lunch buffet and not dinner. I believe that I'm not an expert food critic here but please take a look at their Sample menu for Lunch and Dinner (although the actual menu on that day might differ) as the basis of comparison!! :D

      IMO, I feel that the lunch is pretty amazing already as the variety for seafood selection is awesome. At the same time, it also depends on both you and your boyf's preference. Do you guys usually eat more during lunch time or dinner time? In my case, if the menu for both lunch and dinner are similar, i would definitely opt for lunch as my body will have a hard time digesting all the foods within such a short period.

      Happy advance birthday to your boyfriend!

      Hope the above clarifies :)

      Delete