Nuffnang Ad

Sunday, December 21, 2014

Bangkok Part II

Please read Bangkok Part I post here: http://mshuilingg.blogspot.sg/2014/12/bangkok-part-i.html

Continued from Day 2 night time after Siam exploration. Got so drained out by the endless shopping (My boyfriend is a shopaholic, I'm the one who is always finding for seats!)

Took a ride to Saphan Taksin and we almost got lost at the Pier station. There are numerous queues to different routes. Forunately, the Asiatique logo is pretty huge, once you step to the Pier site, keep to your left and you'll see the longest queue with Asiatique logo. Because the ride is free of charge, it should justify the crowd haha

Although I get to sit on boats in Singapore, their night view is astonishing! Pictures couldn't do justice to their tranquil country place.

I remember we took a selfie with the famous ferris wheel but I can't seem to find it :(


Asiatique the Riverfront is the biggest lifestyle project in Asia on the banks of Chao Phraya River. It is one of the famous night malls in Bangkok. Their target audience is mainly the tourists so don't expect cheap bargains here. I felt as though I'm shopping at Isetan/John little due to their steep price.

Our Banana Prata with Chocolate sauce + condensed milk @ 60-80 baht ??? I can't remember

Yes, those prata from Pratunam market is definitely cheaper than the ones at Asiatique. I'm too lazy to search @ Pratunam as I always get lost in that market! 

JY managed to get some loots from Asiatique though! Kinda regretted not buying that personalized couple bracelet/necklace with him :'( Oh and I only manage to purchase an unique tote bag for 300 baht. Whattttttt SGD12 for a tote bag when I can one at Cotton On for less than $6!

It's okay, I reminded JY repeatedly to not just focus on the price but for the experience and souvenir's sake! Yes talking about souvenir, I spent about 700 baht at Naraya whilst waiting for the rain to stop. We wanted to take the boat back to Saphan Taksin but the weather isn't merciful enough. We took cab back to our hotel with the massive jam. 

Introducing my daily supper dosage: 

 Aino Crepe @ the basement of Terminal 21

Posted this picture on my previous BKK post but I wanna post again! Yummy! It's the soft crepe skin, not the crispy kind

Day 3
Woke up to this, not those high storey view but I still love it. 

Pestered JY to have the atas breakfast @ some nearby hotel. If I'm not wrong, it's the Key Hotel located near Terminal 21.
 Can you spot the Eiffel Tower?

 My scrambled eggs with bacon/ham, alongside with baked beans
 JY had scrambled eggs too but with Salmon
The meal comes with a selection of bread! I chose Baguette :)

& we ordered Hot Chocolate for... 150 baht?

Utterly regretted dining there, the bill comes up to a total of ~700 baht? When we only had the usual breakfast set. NO SIDE DISHES LEH. With this amount, we could have ate at some atas Japanese restaurant at Siam Centre with more orders than this. #k I need to stop nagging, let's move on.


We hit the Platinum mall at 10am+ and shopped till 4pm? I could only remember 1 word to describe our shopping experience there: 

E.X.H.A.U.S.T.E.D.

Had our late lunch at the foodcourt and it was so heavenly! 1 Pad Thai for 40 baht that is very reasonable! JY even had 2 main courses please. I think he ate some duck noodles and nasi lemak (somewhere along that line). 

"Cheap leh! Not full yet!" Jianyang exclaimed. HAHAHAHAHA
 JY was very pleased with our Day 3 itinerary, most of his loots were from Platinum Fashion Mall and look at his wide smile! 

As I regretted not buying something in Day1, I pestered him to make a trip down to Union Mall after shopping at Platinum. Sorry, I wasted his time as we could do something new on Day 3 night. To my disappointment, the colour which I wanted was sold out and I bought nothing.......... totally wasted trip man.

Had our Day 3 dinner at some random Japanese restaurant, Union Mall

 I had Teriyaki Don

 JY's

My favourite Tori Kaarage!

Total amount was around 500 but definitely less than SGD20. #cheapthrill

My loots for Day 3. I love it more compared to my first trip to BKK with family! (My expenses for this recent trip is more costly than my family's trip so yeh)

After settling down with our supper, bathed and packing of our luggage, we went for MASSAGE. It was so wonderful. I almost slept while relaxing my body~ JY screamed for a bit as this was his first time getting massaged. I even heard some customer snoring away. Kudos to those Thai Massage girl with toned muscles!

Day 4

The day where we dreaded the most, heading back to Singapore. Nevertheless we aren't going to stay in the hotel! Being the early birds, I suggested to take Tuk tuk to Pratunam Market and finally got to taste the famous Wan Ton Mee stall, highly raved by all Singaporeans!

This is the one!



Read from somebody's blog and she commented that you know you've entered the right stall when you see 90% of the customers are Singaporeans. TRUE STORY.

 Bring me back to BKK :(

My all-time favourite street snack from BKK: FRIED CHICKEN. Even better than KFC at only SGD1 per drumstick!

After our last minute of browsing through the Market, we took cab to the airport and +65 bound :(

My family waited for me at the Airport patiently and yay! Feeling so blessed to see them standing outside the Arrival gate :) Love you guys! Missing my Sister here plus my BIL and my nephew, Luke though T_T

That's all for my BKK post, can't wait for another trip next year! :)

3 comments:

  1. haha Jie En is kicking away on his new play mat as i type now..you fly over lah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :( I love to carry babies! haha i'm pestering dad to sponsor my air ticket to there. will you fetch us if we visit ya?

      Delete
  2. of course i will lah! he is a lot more fun now cuz he is able to play and respond when you smile/talk to him..he's learning to flip over on his own, but still cant quite do it yet..his look of frustration when he gets stuck midway trying to flip over is hilarious..i wish you all can see him growing from a helpless newborn to a big boy, it's really amazing

    ReplyDelete