Nuffnang Ad

Thursday, December 1, 2016

Day 4 in Hong Kong: Tim Ho Wan, Ladies Street, Argyle Centre, Fa Yuen Street, Temple Street

Welcome to the streets of HK~

Back again to complete my HK itinerary post, or else I wouldn't be able to blog about my upcoming Taiwan trip after Christmas... If you're still reading this, a big 

Image result for thank you

in all different languages to you! It is not easy to get avid readers nowadays since other social media platforms are the new IN. I promise I will clear my backlog for my HK trip before I embark on a brand new overseas itinerary! 

Just to recap, I spent a total of 5 days 4 nights in HK - this is the last night for us. I could still remember how regretful I felt on this day because their Ladies Street and Temple Street (plus a little of Fa Yuen Street) are a major disappointment. I'll try my utmost best to justify my disappointment later.

It is a crime to give Tim Ho Wan a miss in HK even though they have many outlets in Singapore. Just trust me once! I guess the highlight of this trip is Ocean Park, Tim Ho Wan and Argyle Centre. The rest are.... meh. I won't come back again for the similar experience. Yes, I may visit HK in future (not anytime now) and Tim Ho Wan is gonna be under my itinerary again!


I chose the outlet near Sham Shui Po station but we walked from Prince Edward MTR Exit E. Walk left down towards Nathan Road, further up to Tai Po Road and a slight left to Fuk Wing Street. You should be able to see their signage (not yet a billboard) as shown:


Here's the map if you are still confused:


The above information is accurate as of 29 April 2016.

I did an intense research on their opening hours so my effort was not wasted! They are opened at 10am on that day but we reached the restaurant at 9.30am.


People already start to queue right outside their glass door leh, but we managed to get a table of 2 at 10am sharp.


As we were the batch of early birds, there isn't a need for us to get a ticket number. I guess the queueing system only applies when the restaurant is full. Yay! 


Dont judge my scarf, the weather was being merciful on that day as well... Cold wind for the entire day, shiok!

I have no talent for photography so please pardon my skills lol

All time favourite Char Siew Bun!

They were more generous with their fillings as compared to Singapore's outlet...

Here's the second dish - Fried Spring Roll

... And I gave up zooming in to every individual dish. I was so hungry and I took a plan view of our table HAHAHA (the one shown above).

So we digged in and every dish was delicious AND cheap. We spent about SGD20+ (definitely less than SGD25) for 6-8 items leh. Thank you for the treat!

We took our own sweet time to walk back to the nearest MTR and made our way down to Mongkok MTR - Ladies street, Argyle Centre and Fa Yuen street.

Level 1 of Argyle Centre shopping mall

THEIR COLD NOODLE IN A BAG IS THE BEST! It doesn't mean that no queue = horrible food.

I love it, this is our 2nd or 3rd time here at Argyle Centre JUST FOR THEIR NOODLE. It is mandatory for yours truly to snack on their bag everyday in HK lololol.

 I added corn, baby shrimp and quail eggs for just 16HKD, about SGD2.80!

Yumyum in my tummy. 
I just can't get enough~

We did some last minute shopping at Argyle Centre and I bought a 3/4 grey pants for 50HKD only! That was my best buy ever in HK. The material is awesome, my bottom looks slimmer and most importantly, I can pair it with any white top for ANY occasion! Just take a look at my facebook cover photo or Baby Luke's 2nd birthday and you'll see how much I love the grey pants.

Next up, the Ladies street and Fa Yuen street. Can somebody explain why is Ladies street on the top list in HK?! All the stalls are repetitive and they sell useless bags, USB cables, phone casing, portable fan, selfie sticks and the worst of all - souvenir fridge magnets. Some of them sell ladies' wear but eww I'm not a fashionista yet I'm not a fan of their style. Argyle Centre stores are much much better and most of the prices are already indicated right beside the item. 

As for Fa Yuen street... if you are looking for sneakers or sports shoes, it wouldn't hurt to visit this street as they do have fanciful design though. I bought my KEDS white sneakers for about SGD60. 

Here's the map of Mongkok if you need it:

Took a quick rest at the hotel before having our most expensive dinner at Yung Kee restaurant.

This iconic Hong Kong restaurant is set to close due to family issues. Read the full article here. My family insists that I need to visit Yung Kee as their century egg is the best. -_- I feel so bad that JY has to pay for this costly dinner all thanks to their golden mouth.

As I browsed through their Menu... knn even an appetizer cost SGD20 and above. 


So this is the best century egg in... Hong Kong? Yes it is crystal clear but wapiang my heart broke with every bite I take during the dinner. I don't see any youngster tourist in that restaurant. Their customers are Hongkongers or businessmen. Yes I do see tourists as well but they are definitely NOT our age..... Alamak.

Sweet and sour chicken

Don't bother to order this. I think Singapore's version of sweet and sour chicken wins them la. We ordered another fried rice but I got too turned off by the price. Just bear in mind that if you really want to give this restaurant a try, either drag your parents or ensure that you have a minimum of 300HKD to spare.


Just use the google converter... 600HKD is equivalent to SGD110. Mind you, this is google converter, their exchange rate is way better than the money exchange store at Arcade. 3 pathetic dishes alongside with free flow chinese tea cost you almost SGD120 for 2 pax. And nope, we are NOT full at all. I left the restaurant with a heavy heart....


Time for Temple Street. Again, this street is OVERRATED but a tad bit better version of Ladies street. We spent less than an hour there and made our way back to Argyle Centre and Fa Yuen street for another round of shopping and not to forget my cold noodle in a bag :)

That sums up our day 4 in HK and I'll blog about our last day the next time!

Day 1 in HK click here
Day 2 in HK click here
Day 3 in HK click here

No comments:

Post a Comment