Nuffnang Ad

Saturday, April 2, 2016

Kokomama Marketplace: Salted Egg Yolk Croissant

Credits: www.campus.com.sg

We had our simple valentine's dinner at Kokomama marketplace as JY wanted to try the salted egg yolk croissant @ $6.50! Basically, the marketplace consists of Bingsu, french bakery and the usual main course/appetizers/drinks. 

The bakery section was having a promotion of buy 2 get 1 free, damn I totally regretted it after I decline the on-going promotion. Their salted egg yolk croissant is heavenly and I wouldn't mind having a few more!

Need to mind my image here if not I would have grabbed it with my bare hands...


Frankly speaking, I would rate their salted egg yolk 7/10 and the croissant for 9/10. 

The salted egg cream was smooth and creamy but it kind of taste like curry and too salty in my humble opinion. However, I have a strong taste for flavour so I would rate the filling 7 out of 10 haha. As for the croissant, it was very crunchy and flavourful and it goes well with the salted egg (although it was over salty).


Moving on to my main course - BBQ unagi rice bowl @ $10.90

I did not finish my entire bowl as I am not a fan of red pepper chilli and vegetables. I managed to pick out the unagi and tamago :P In terms of worthiness, I would recommend this dish as it is only priced at $10.90 and you get a reasonable amount of unagi slices accompanied with Tamagoyaki. 

However, I would not order this again in future as this is definitely not a dish whereby I would like to have it repeatedly.



Also, you get to choose your gravy: Chilli Crab, Curry or Mushroom.

Lesson learnt: never get the chilli crab gravy as it does not go well with unagi...


Moving on to JY's main course - Japanese Curry combo (karaage) @ $7.90

The curry gravy is decent enough for me to handle. However, their karaage is unacceptable in terms of tenderness and the skin is too thick...


Nevertheless, JY managed to finish his dish even though I find that the quality is mediocre. That's a blessing in disguise - he is easily satisfied with ANY food. Not to mention that the Japanese curry rice cost only $7.90, it would be great for those who are on tight budget yet craving for Japanese cuisine!

I'm so glad that Daily scoop is located right beside Kokomama, their Hazelnut and strawberry is soooo good! I couldn't stop myself from eating although I was bloated.

All in all, I have been making another trip down to Kokomama just to get their Kokolava salted egg croissant, priced at $6.50 only. I wouldn't try their main courses again as I would prefer to top up a few dollars more e.g. Sushi Tei or ichibanboshi to get a more scrumptious meal.

Address
1 Zubir Said Drive 
#01-01
School of the Arts (SOTA)
Singapore 227968

No comments:

Post a Comment