Nuffnang Ad

Thursday, November 5, 2015

Year 1.1

I wonder who still lingers at my blog (lol).

I know it has been ages since my last post, it has been almost 2 months. I managed to tolerate the first semester of my University life unknowingly, when I have the mindset of giving up on my honours degree about 2 months back.

Many alternative paths just struck my mind, I admit that they were indeed tempting enough to just submit my withdrawal application to the faculty's office, get settled down with a 9-6 M-F desk-bound job, I no longer need to worry about upcoming projects/examinations.

I am ever-ready for the labor workforce. I don't belong to those students who are still not ready for work and hence, resorting to obtain a degree so that they can avoid the harsh society for as long as possible.

I am not embarrassed to confess that I actually consulted my school's professional counsellor with regards to my case. Not everybody has the courage to seek help and I earnestly didn't regret making this decision. He is very encouraging and he doesn't persuade me to stay on when he knew I couldn't find any reason to hang on for 4 years, majoring in a field which I have no intention to further pursue in future - my ultimate passion is HR.

Not forgetting my Macroeconomics Prof, she was the one who suggested to consult the counsellor for my emotional well-being. I love her to bits although I feel nervous during her tutorial lesson. She is the one who assured me that "quitting University is not a wrong decision". Indeed, some people find no need to get a bachelor's certificate if they already knew what they want. Her assurance means a lot to me and I stopped blaming myself for not being smart enough.

I am well-aware that I'm not the only one who is currently struggling in many aspects of life. Personally, I firmly believe that the deeper meaning of life can't be measured with qualifications itself. There are so much more I wish to achieve in life, why should I let this piece of certificate determine my life?

I've seen many people (without a degree) who are leading a more meaningful life as compared to those graduates from University. With that, I hope that no matter what decision I make next year, I pray that my decision will be the right choice and not like the 2 huge mistakes I've made during my last year in Poly and enrolling myself into a course which I have 0 interest in.

For those undergraduates who are currently burning midnight oil for the upcoming examinations, press on and do not neglect your loved ones just because of studies. Life is... unpredictable & you won't wanna regret.

No comments:

Post a Comment