Nuffnang Ad

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Review: Essential CC Oil & Night Care Milk

Hi Ladies! Have you ever feel so depressed whenever you have to consult your hairstylist either on hair rebonding/perming, dyeing and even heat styling for special occasions?

I've been there, done that: We are changing our hairstyles (condition) to look more gorgeous as usual. We just want to look better.

Most of us understand the side effects of the 3 main culprits mentioned above. However, do you know that there are other external environment factors and some of our daily habits which also put stress on your hair and impact its health and appearance???


Fun facts about the 5 hair stresses (Thanks Samplestore for the stress balls!)

1. Blow-drying: The process of blow-drying removes moisture from the hair, both outside and inside - leaving hair dry, brittle and susceptible for further damage

2. Combing: Combing through wet hair causes great hair damage as the hair follicle is at the most fragile state. Likewise, the friction caused by coming through dry hair can form hair knots which makes hair prone to unnecessary breakage.

3. Split Ends: The ends of your hair are the oldest and driest parts. When the protective hair cuticle is destroyed at the end of the hair, the hair splits into 2 or more parts.

4. Hair Breakage: Besides daily heat styling, blow drying and brushing, other seemingly harmless actions like tying your hair into a tight ponytail or twirling your hair with your fingers exert excessive stress on your hair, resulting in hair breakage.

5. Dryness: Exposure to the sun, wind or even air-conditioning can result in hair dryness. The hair cuticle that protects the hair is weakened and is unable to retain moisture within the cuticles of the hair.

I've highlighted those important points in bold! It didn't come to my realization that twirling my hair with my fingers exert excessive stress on my hair :\ 

Poor hair~

Essential relaunches its Leave On Treatment range with the brand new CC oil and Night care milk. 

Go away Cruel Combing brother!!!

CC Oil to the rescue! CC: Cuticle Care

Not only it assists to protect our hair from the 5 stress factors explained above, but also leaves us with astonishing, less tangles and manageable hair (!!!). Also, the cuticle coat protection leaves hair smooth & tangle free all day as it contains hair supplement oil, similar to hair's natural oil.

This is what I mean by MANAGEABLE CONDITION.
(Taken after applying CC Oil)


This may not be the tip-top condition for some of you, but it is considered above average for my typical hair condition okay! I feel as though the 5 hair stresses applies to my condition!

To be applied in the morning and can be reapplied any time of the day

Previously, I also had a review on Essential Sleeping Hair Mask here and I've thoroughly mention about the definition of Pillow Friction.


To me, Pillow Friction is the main cause of your supposingly 'bad hair day'.

As we are asleep, tossing and turning causes hair to rub against the pillow, creating friction and this causes the hair cuticles to open up unevenly, causing hair to be rough, frizzy or prone to tangles. As a result of pillow damage, misaligned cuticles creates frizz - resulting in the fabulous lion's mane the next morning.


The night care milk (similar to essential's sleeping hair mask) leaves a protective coat around each hair strand and prevent misaligned cuticle when hair rubs against the pillowcase, leaving hair more manageable the next morning.

Taken right after I woke up the next day!

I won't deduce that the Night care milk is a miracle cream saviour, but based on my past few days observation, the condition is definitely more manageable compared to the past and I could spend more time sleeping rather than washing and blow-drying my hair every morning.

P.S. I'm gonna keep this habit of applying the milk every night from now on! :)

Needless to say, I would personally prefer the Night Care Milk if you ask me to choose between these 2 products.

My dyed hair is undeniably stronger ever since I treat them with the CC Oil + Night care milk!

Play Essential's Mane Hero Facebook game and combat the 5 evil hair stress brothers and Pesky Pillow King to win attractive weekly prizes! 

I'm an active player here, see you at the Scoreboard! ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment