Nuffnang Ad

Friday, September 4, 2015

Korea - My kind of paradise

Annyeonghaseyo! I know this post is very random but I can't refrain myself from thinking about all the good stuffs at Korea.

Anyway, the K wave is happening in my daily life, such as:
  • Korean Dramas
  • Weekly Running Man episodes
  • Korean songs
  • Korean BBQ (ok this one maybe not considered as daily)
I'm definitely missing their Myeongdong street!!! >:( 
I WILL ALWAYS ALWAYS INCLUDE MYEONGDONG IN MY ITINERARY WITHOUT FAIL.

Come on, look at that. tons of huge korean cosmetics brands and just. get. yourself. lost. in. the. streets. 


I'm appreciating their 4 seasons weather - Spring. I loathe the feeling of perspiration on my skin A LOT, that's why I prefer swimming to any other sports. I would rather walk a bus stop distance just to hang out in the air-conditioned shopping mall whilst waiting for my friend. 

Visualize your air-conditioner at every street. You'll enjoy the cooling weather FREE OF CHARGE. (Not forgetting your semi winter wear!)

Can't get to sleep at night? Insomnia?

Fret not, simply hail a cab to dongdaemun and there are quite a few retail stores open till as late as 4am! Indulge in some pipping hot midnight street snacks amidst the chilling weather. (Y) You can't ask for more.

Be sure to roam ANY of their streets after a hearty dinner

I'm pretty sure that their street foods will entice you to consume them even though your stomach is at its full capacity. Been there, done that. Worry about losing that additional kilos you've gained only when you are back in Singapore ^^

Last but not least... I absolutely miss the tranquil view every morning.

I'm not kidding. Compared to Singapore's view in the morning, the culture is very calming in a sense that you won't feel pressurized when you walk along the streets. In Singapore, people are always rushing. We, as human beings, failed to appreciate our surroundings due to the fast-paced country. (and this is also part of the reason why more and more Singaporeans have plans to migrate to other country - my 2 cents worth)

Let's talk about their FOOD:

A mobile street store selling Takoyaki balls!

Still remember I had to cover the bonito flakes as the wind was too strong HAHA

Cheap Banana Milk can be found ANYWHERE. 

A typical Korean restaurant

Their side dishes are refillable! (Y) Not forgetting their Kimchi too! The portion is just right for women on diet hahaha.

 MY ALL-TIME FAVOURITE GLASS NOODLES

(I've featured their glass noodles here as well haha)

This may look ordinary, this may look plain but the quality is daebak!

Didn't manage to take a selfie with the glass noodles as I gobbled them up before realizing


We managed to takeaway all the street foods the following day: 
  • Jajangmyeon
  • Stir-fried glass noodles (yes again)
  • Fried squid
  • Ddeokbokki
  • Chicken meat balls
  • Teriyaki 
Enough said. I love food, food loves me.

Not forgetting their famous seafood market!

For detailed post on Noryangjin Fish Market, please click here

I took endless of photos at the fish market, but I'm just gonna confess here that I'm missing their abalone :'( it was very juicy and chewy!

And finally...

I can barely live without KyoChon. Their fried drumsticks accompanied with complimentary drink and prickles.. When are you coming to Singapore?

To sum up, I love Koreans' food as not only they are delicious, but also it is undeniably addictive to the extreme. I constantly find myself craving for their street foods even though I'm still physically there. Words can't suffice the addiction until you have been to Korea and tried all of them.


BATTLE OF THE KFC WINGS


Freshly breaded in-store with a special batter, these juicy wings are cooked to crispy perfection and coated in your choice of two bold flavours - choose between the Japanese-inspired tangy yet savoury Umadare and the Korean-inspired sweet and spicy Yang Yeum. Who will be crowned king of the wings? You decide.

KFC Wings_Instore Poster_Eng_508x762Hmm-pf_N5

Pick a side and be part of KFC's greatest wing-off. Hashtag #kfcoishii to support Umadare or #kfcmashisoyo to support Yang Yeum on Instagram!

I vote for #kfcmashisoyo as I (mega)love anything related to Korea. What about you? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment