Nuffnang Ad

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Review: Biore Micellar Cleansing Water

The prominent makeup remover brand is always Biore, everybody knows how effective their products are. Previously I wrote a review on their Biore 2-in-1 Instant foaming wash & it is so impressive that I bought another bottle at the Watsons' members sale!

A brief information on their new Cleansing water version is that it contains Watery Micellar Technology (effectively dissolves and lifts off all makeup), Natural Mineral Water (gentle and soothing formula), Enriched Collagen & White Tea extract (brighter, softer and suppler skin), Anti-bacteria formula (preventing pimples, breakouts and minimises pores for a clearer & more refined complexion).

To sum the above paragraph into simplified sentences: the 4 main features of the product assists in removing makeup gently while improving your complexion to a higher level without clogging your pores!

Let's put it right into the test after a satisfying celebration with JY:

Before removing any traces of makeup 
Concealer, compact powder, eyebrow pencil, bronzer, blush, subtle lipstick (due to the appetizing buffet), highlighter, mascara and tight-lining my waterline
*Do note that I have no eyeliner*
1. You'll need a cotton pad

2. Pump an appropriate amount onto the cotton pad
3. Simply use the soaked cotton pad to gently wipe off makeup (best part: No rinsing required!!!)

4. Removing every traces on your eye is the most crucial process (IMO)
For eye makeup, place soaked cotton pad and...

Hold for 5 seconds before wiping it in a downwards motion (to get rid of the mascara)

Last but not least, repeat until all makeup is removed & cotton pad is clean.

Extra tip for waterline (my version):
Fold the soaked cotton pad into half & rub it gently on your waterline to remove the makeup traces effectively.

After the product usage (About 4 circular cotton pads are used)

As you can deduce from my scary picture, 98% of the makeup products mentioned earlier has been removed but there are remaining traces on my waterline (I used my personal tip for waterline). I'm using em cosmetics waterliner in chocolate dream. I resorted to the Biore Eye & Lip remover as I believe that a specialize product will do the job more effectively compared to a general product. 

However I must compliment that the Cleansing Water did a superb job by leaving my skin clean and refreshed with no sticky or oily after-feel which is a bonus compared to the Bifesta makeup remover. Although the Bifesta remover mentioned that is a makeup remover cum cleansing - which means it serves the same purpose as Biore 2-in-1 Instant forming wash, the oily-based creates that sticky feeling after using & I felt so insecure to the extent whereby I will use my cleanser eventually...

& I also love the fact that No rinsing is required.
Suitable for all skin types, even sensitive skin

To conclude this review, the Biore Micellar Cleansing Water is a gentle, non-comedogenic (oil-free) and user-friendly product. I will recommend it to beginners with minimal makeup products, wiping traces of makeup are effortless after a hectic day!


the Biore Micellar Cleansing Water is retailing for S$18.90 and is available in all pharmacies, hypermarkets & supermarkets and major departmental stores, start including a watery-based remover in your skincare collection now!

No comments:

Post a Comment