Nuffnang Ad

Sunday, May 25, 2014

Bali lane: Stateland cafe


#throwback's post

1 month ago, we met up again few days after A's POP.


The picture depicts their (pathetic) waiting area for guests. The very first impression I had: space wise is very very limited. I think I can't even book this entire cafe for JY's upcoming 21st party (I have around 25 pax on hand).

Moreover, there was a huge downpour right after we arrived at the cafe. Gosh, how unlucky!


Waiting time was pretty......... bearable. The staff ALMOST skipped our queue! 


The ambiance is acceptable, it gives the cosy feeling instead of a fish market cafe.

Scrambled eggs on waffles ($14.90)
Buttered waffles served with creamy scrambled eggs & bacon cream sauce topped with sliced onions

Statelanders' Big Breakfast ($17.90)
Scrambled served on toasted brioche with pork sausages, bacon, home-made tomato chilli jam & stewed mushrooms

Both A & myself ordered the big breakfast while YY chose the waffles. I can tell from YY's expression and her leftovers... it's either the creamy scrambled eggs don't go well with the waffles or the food isn't appetizing enough :\

For my Big breakfast, it is just a typical big breakfast prepared by my mum. However, there's a need to compliment their home-made tomato chilli jam! It doesn't taste spicy at all, considering that I ain't a fan of chilli. 

I wanted to try out their dessert waffles initially but it is too pricey from my point of view. 
Classic waffles topped with frozen berries and maple syrup : $9.90
+ ice cream : $11.90

wt..fish? D'good cafe plain waffle (served with choice of maple syrup, chocolate or strawberry sauce) cost only $4, with additional scoop of gelato +$3 = $7 in total. See the difference?

To conclude, I wouldn't make a trip down to Bali lane just for Stateland cafe. Firstly, the queue takes quite some time despite arriving before 7 on a Thursday night. Oh & I strongly discourage groups of >4 people to patronize Stateland. Trust me, you're gonna wait for at least an hour because they don't really accommodate to large groups unless they merge the tables together. Secondly, I felt that it is overpriced for the all-day breakfast as well as dessert selection. Thirdly, except for the home-made tomato chilli jam, nothing else entices my willingness for a revisit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment