Nuffnang Ad

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Au Chocolat

Give me some chocolate macarons from Au Chocolat right now >:(

Wanted to post their address here but...

JY heaved a sigh of relief when I informed him about this, as I can't pester him anymore for the atas dining experience.

:(

Anyhow, throwing back: my first trip to their former outlet...
Banana Boost $12
White chocolate & banana. Both are rich, creamy and velvety smooth

Truffle Fries $15
Strips of crispy potatoes drizzled with fragrant white truffle oil and seasoned with truffle sea salt, served with mayonnaise and BBQ sauce

The Little Piggy Benedict $20
Two poached eggs wrapped with Parma ham each atop a toasted English muffin, served with cooked pork shoulder ham, crispy bacon & buttery hollandaise sauce

Ultimate Benedict $22
Hot fluffy pancakes topped with sauteed spinach, tomatoes, crispy bacon, roasted ribeye steak, roasted chicken and two poached eggs with Au Chocolat red wine & dark chocolate infused hollandaise sauce

I chose the Ultimate Benedict (thanks to my brother's treat) without hesitation as my all-time favourite breakfast topping are pancakes, bacon and poached eggs! If only there's sauteed mushrooms... 

Plan view of my main course

The stacking portion is quite huge, don't be deceived by pictures. I couldn't even finish everything despite the fact that I detest wasting food. 

The spinach is too soggy due to the overflowing sauce, I gave away my roasted ribeye steak as I don't appreciate steak at all. The roasted chicken seems all right because it's steamed chicken (those tiny strips of  healthy chicken breast that bodybuilder eats), I mean this dish is already sinful enough so why not give me strips of drumlet meat HAHAHAHA! Other than that I am extremely satisfied with their perfectly poached eggs, crispy bacon, tomatoes & their sauce. 5 out of 5 for their in-house hollandaise sauce, excellent combination of Red wine & dark chocolate!

I've heard about people raving about Au Chocolat truffle fries and decided to give it a shot, thanks to those who raved :D Indeed the best truffle fries I've ever had in my entire life (but the price is another matter). Loving their fragrant white truffle oil that makes the fries so unique from the others. Also, we spammed their Mayo cum BBQ sauce like nobody's business! Oh not forgetting my Tomato sauce.

Banana Boost was very disappointing. I would prefer Swensen's Bananarama (classified under Ice Blended Coffee) to this. What upsets me is that this is just a simple banana drink blended with Chocolate sauce. Not much difference compared to the original Banana fruit juice, & this cost like... $12?! Crazy.

Oh did I mention about ice-water services? NO, they don't serve ice-water at all. The staff will direct you to their water selection instead, a 330ml Perrier for $7. If sparkling water ain't your type then San Benedetto distilled for $12. Ridiculous so I'd suggest to bring along your own plain water if you are not a fan of flavoured drink.

For more information about Au Chocolat's Menu, you can find the full version with prices here.

I guess I won't be visiting their restaurant anytime soon if I were to fork out on my own.. It's considered pricey for a casual dining but it would be significant for celebrations/gatherings instead :)

**************************************************************************

Kinda out of the topic but yeh, I'm still in love with Keisuke Ramen dining, original tonkotsu soup base! :D

2 comments:

  1. Where's your birthday party post!!

    - chiyocha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NOT YET :( i still have many overdue post. I try to blog about my birthday for the next post k!!!

      Delete