Nuffnang Ad

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

d'GoodCafe | Usual Saturdate

Added a little bit more effort in dressing up last Saturday just for JY. I'm not a permanent user of eyeliner because it never fails to smudge, my eyelids are oily even if there's eyelid primer, my eyes tend to get itchy and red easily, I need to apply eye-drop once every 3 hours AND lastly, I have uneven eyelids. I have to be very precise for my right eyelid if not it'll look like shit. Yes I mean SHITTY. I'd rather be a man than to be a woman, there are so many problems for us, even in the slightest detail. :'(

K, stop ranting.

Requested for "middle-end" restaurant on our date, so glad that JY agreed without hesitation okay! 
(I think he is willing to splurge on that day because it's our monthsary)

Details:
d'GoodCafe
273 Holland Avenue #02-01/02

Chic interior whilst climbing the stairs!

d'GoodCafe has 4 different areas for dining: The lawn, The bar, The attic & The balcony. I won't even consider Balcony because I'm someone who perspire easily. I wanted to stay at the lawn (there are swings & rocking chairs!!!) but it's full. Blame it on that NS guy who can only pa tor with me on a weekend. We took the attic area instead, not a bad choice anyway.

H.U.N.G.R.Y. D.I.E. M.E.

#1 reason why I love to visit certain cafe: ALL-DAY BREAKFAST. I've been hearing/viewing pictures uploaded from friends. AHHH FINALLY IT'S MY TURN ^^

Homemade English Breakfast @ $16.50
Toasted Brioche, baked tomato with basil, English baked beans, sauteed mushrooms, back bacon, English cumberland sausage and scrambled eggs

Bacon Carbonara @ $15
Linguine served with pork bacon in mixed herb cream sauce

** If you choose English breakfast or Eggs Benedict, there'll be an add-on drinks option +$3 only! Yes, I chose Ice chocolate!

Kinda regretted not choosing their Carbonara because I didn't expect linguine to taste so heavenly! Before I tasted this dish, I used to think Collin's Carbonara is the best (my estate coffeeshop). I was so wrong. This is the best Carbonara I've tried so far! Their sauce is creamy yet NOT too creamy. The mixed herb is superb, it's not hard at all because I've tried herbs that "can't be swallowed" HAHAHA. Lastly, their servings for bacon is quite generous! (I compared it to Saizeriya's carbonara serving) All in all, it's really worth making a trip down just for this dish! 

Apart from their mouthwatering Carbonara, their English breakfast is just like the other restaurants, a traditional course. Nothing extraordinary to recommend, their sausage & bacon is good, no WOW factor though. The English Cumberland sausage is hefty and juicy while their bacon is not over-crispy, I would compliment that it's well-cooked and easy to cut. 

Tip: Don't hesitate to order their beverages instead of spamming their ice water (even though it's FOC). 
d'GoodCafe slogan: Blend & brew the way you like it. 
Ordered their Chocolate cream Frappe & I'll choose this drink again the next time.
*P.S. I got an offer from scanning their QR code, 1-for-1 frappe HEHEHE*

Plain waffle ($4) with 1 scoop of gelato ($3) 
served with choice of maple syrup, chocolate or strawberry syrup

If i'm craving for waffle with ice-cream, I wouldn't invite Gelare anymore (on tuesday for half-price) because d'GoodCafe is cheaper and tastier! I love stronger butter smell, so I'd prefer this! 

Time to snap-snap-snap around the chic cafe~


Alfresco Seating


 Their open concept lift! SIBEI COOL.

Yes, we are TRULY BLESSED :D

Step one Snapback-kia


Gained extra 1kg after we stepped out of the Cafe

FYI: There are NO GST/OTHER CHARGES because they adopt the self-service culture. Whatever price you see on their Menu are NETT.

Thank you for reading till here! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment