Nuffnang Ad

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Thai Food, Merely Ice Cream, Wan Dou Sek (126)

Yesterday: Met up with my aunt during lunch break! Kinda glad that my workplace is near her area as well! Had some random Thai Food from Sunshine Plaza, honestly speaking I still feel that The Foundry's Thai food is much better, but of course the price differs.

Aunt ordered Pineapple fried rice ($5).
Tried a mouth and feel that it's not up to the standard. It simply tasted like normal fried rice with no strong pineapple fragrance. Not recommended.

Yes expected right? I ordered Pad Thai again ($5). I only choose Pad Thai whenever it comes to Thai dining. 
Tasted normal, much better compared to Pineapple Fried Rice. Not recommended as well, THAI FOOD LOVERS PLEASE VISIT THE FOUNDRY AT MOHD SULTAN ROAD!!!

& What's Thai dining without Mango Stick Rice ($4)?! The portion is little. Oh well, why do I keep on comparing with that awesome Thai restaurant. I'M TOO BIAS PLEASE IGNORE MY COMMENTS :(

Whilst walking back after our so-so meal, I chanced upon an ice cream shop named "Merely Ice Cream". I'm somebody who loves to try out cafe-themed Ice Cream shop, even if the name is unfamiliar to me. Ice cream makes me happy! & I am always on the look out for Nutella or Horlicks flavoured. YES, I BOUGHT THEIR HORLICKS PANDA!

Imagine having this big scoop of ice cream in such a weather....
How sunny! I had to hide in the shade of a building while waiting for the traffic light. I sincerely salute these people standing under the sun. Either they wanna get tanned or their skin is doubly thick.

Why is it called Horlicks Panda?
Panda = HELLO PANDA!!! What a creative mixture!

They have other flavours that changes daily. Yesterday (Wednesday) the available flavours are: Horlicks Panda, Milo Fudge, Dark Chocolate, Peppermint Mocha, Oreo Milk, Peanut Butter, Cereal Milk, Breakfast Cereal.

According to their website, they have other flavours like: Red Velvet Cake, Hazelnut Kitkat, Bailey's Coffee, Blueberry, Salted Butterscotch, Gula Pandan, Chocolate (a bit mainstream), Zesty Lemon, Tiramisu, Mocca, Green Tea, Chocolate Stout, Rum & Raisin, Coconut, Madagascar Vanilla, Strawberry (mainstream also) & Banana Walnut!

Here are some of the pictures from their website! (credit doesn't belong to me)
Red Velvet Cake! I WANNA TRY THIS! JY knows that Red Velvet is my favourite! Yumyum!

Blueberry! The colour is really nice & thick.

Banana Walnut!

& Hazelnut KitKat, instead of the usual Kitkat ice cream flavoured you see along the street.

Credits: www.merely.com.sg

I think I really sound like their advertiser, omg PLEASE GIVE ME REMUNERATION FOR THIS POST HAHAHA. If you're enquiring about the price, 

One Scoop: $3.30
Double Scoop: $5.60

I didn't bother to remember the rest of the prices like Triple Scoop, Waffles, etc.

Somebody tell me why am I exploring more interesting/good food places near my workplace. I'm growing fatter. Help. (The power of food/dessert) *cries*

Details: 
#01-13, Sunshine Plaza
91 Bencoolen Street
Singapore 189652
Mon to Sat: 12pm to 11pm
Tel: 6238-0890

Do remember to give it a try if you're around Bencoolen area!

Had Wan Dou Sek for dinner together with JY! Yes, everyday jiak ho liao (eat good food), FAT PLUS BROKE. It doesn't really matter even though I do whine about my fats and figure, because I know I enjoyed my life to the fullest! Anyway I was still pretty full due to my heavy lunch, I did not order much @ 126! Restricted JY from eating like a glutton, our bill is less than S$20!

Fried Chicken Wing! ($4)

Har Gao! ($3.20)
Swee Choon's Har Gao is still the best! Their Har Gao is filled with KING PRAWNS & it's very juicy!

Siew Mai! ($3.50)
They have different type of Siew Mai available, like scallops or king prawn instead of the usual prawn but definitely the price differs as well. Yes, I feel that their Siew Mai is better than Tim Ho Wan's!

Vermicelli Roll with Char Siew ($3.50).
Their sauce is the bomb! I dipped my chicken wings, har gao, siew mai with the sauce before eating. Trust me, you'll never go wrong with their Vermicelli Roll sauce.

Details:
No. 126 Sims Avenue,
Singapore 387449
24-hours DimSum
Tel: 6746-4757

******************************************************

Received my EOS lip balm ($4.90) bought from Gmarket! Loving it, the lip balm looks damn cute!

Reward received from JY! Yes, this is a reward, not gift.

Currently, both JY & I have come up with an agreement related to my Internship. Due to my previous Internship experience (failed), he made a deal with me. What's the agreement? For every month I complete (without visible tears), he'll reward me with an item <$S$30.00. It can be purchased online as well, he'll just hand me the money & I'll do all the necessary stuff. Since my Internship period lasts 5 months, I'll be getting 5 items from him! YAY I THINK HE IS THE SWEETEST GUY IN THE WORLD. Resorting to this all because he wants me to successfully graduate from SP, & doesn't hope to see me retain again. 

P.S. I've already thought of what to purchase for next month! 
Best innovative boyfriend award goes to Lin Jian Yang! :)

S. Lumpy & I love you deep deep!

No comments:

Post a Comment