Nuffnang Ad

Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Oneday Hanbok Rental at Changdeokgung Palace



It has been long since I shared more lobangs and reviews here as I was too busy at work.

Anyway, I'm back here again as I went to Seoul (yes I know AGAIN) last month with my parents! I shared my hanbok rental experience last year and I told myself I need to allow my parents to experience this extravagant rental in Seoul 😄 I'm glad that I did it.

I decided to visit Changdeokgung Palace this time round as I've been to Gyeongbokgung Palace twice... You may check out my previous post with Seohwa Hanbok here.

bukchon_en

You will need to buffer at least 10 minutes to find the shop after you alight from Anguk station, Exit 2.


Once you are at the junction smack right outside the Elementary school, please look for the shophouse in yellow as shown above. Continue to walk straight before making a left turn.
Based on my experience, I got lost at the junction so I decided to take the picture as a guide to those who are reading this. Please refer to their website here for more information.

Finally we are here!

I'm glad that the Oneday Hanbok Rental is more spacious than Seohwa Hanbok!

 They have a neoprint booth in-store!

Countless of shelves for you to place your belongings...

They have more changing rooms here!

Moving on to their Hanbok selection:

For guys

 and ladies! Look at my mum's excited face haha

They even have this accessory stand for your convenience


As mentioned in my previous post, I would strongly recommend to wear as light as possible as you will definitely find it a hassle to pack all your stuff into the bag provided by the shop (see the above shelf picture).


There isn't any make-up artist, only hairstylist but please do not expect much from her. The service is free of charge so simply let her know what colour band you prefer and she will do the necessary.

Can't really see the plait due to my hair colour haha

My mother's turn!

 These complimentary items can be found at the hair styling area
Hair accessories are complimentary as well
Do take note that there is an extra fee for emperor's hat, gat and woman's outerwear.

Wah my mum looks so beautiful leh! 😍

We wore our shoes and walked under the rain to Changdeokgung Palace. Simply head towards the Anguk station Exit 2 and turn left. Alternatively, you can also head left from the Elementary school.

It was unfortunate to experience the Hanbok rental on a rainy day but we survived! 😥 We forgot to bring umbrella and jacket! We were wearing heattech underneath but it wasn't sufficient enough to keep us warm. Hence, it was quite a wasted trip lah as we couldn't explore even half of the palace leh. 
We had to hide in the souvenir shop for awhile before the rain stopped. However, I caught a flu there due to the extremely cold weather. We were shivering when the wind blew lol 


I seriously think that my dad has the emperor's face or maybe he is too old to be a scholar? HAHA

See! Initially he chose the emperor's outfit but he realized that he wore the exact outfit in 2015 here HAHAHA



All in all, i'm contented that my parents enjoyed the experience very much and I feel that they have aged a lot while I travel with them. Seeing them smile makes me happy as well.

Here are my updated tips before making your way down for the Hanbok Rental:
  • Wear as light as possible
  • Wear comfortable shoes, not boots as you will have a hard time wearing with the outfit
  • Bring as little as possible
  • Try not to eat oily/fried food that will upset your stomach few hours before the reservation
  • Style your hair at your apartment/hotel first
  • Slap on full make-up first as you got no time to touch up later
  • Bring your passport, umbrella if the weather doesn't look good, outerwear if the wind is strong and KRW for deposit
  • Decide between Traditional Hanbok or Modern Hanbok design (I chose the latter)
  • Clear your bowels before wearing that inner skirt
Please do not hesitate to contact Oneday Hanbok at onedayhb@naver.com should you have any query. 

We roamed around the area before settling down for Ramyeon located opposite Anguk Station, Exit 5. Please scroll all the way up to see the map haha.

I have no idea what they have over here but I'm glad that they provide an English Menu specifically for tourists!


We also ordered their rib dumplings (4,500won) and I was craving so badly for it the next day.

The rib dumplings can't be found in the picture as I forgot to wait for it before snapping 😋 their soup is very flavourful! I remember going back to the same restaurant on our 2nd last day as I miss their rib dumplings too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment